Yogurt and Mixed Berry Parfait Recipe:
Yogurt, Mixed Berries, Tapioca parfait with a dash of Cinnamon.
If you are in Delhi you’d know that spring has long bid adieu and blazing summers is here already. Of the summer’s essential food fresh Curd (Yogurt) tops the list in my house, it becomes a staple diet. Yogurt is refreshing, undeniably delicious and a good source of protein, calcium and at the same time low on saturated fat and cholesterol. What more can one ask for!
With the festival of colors right at the corner and the weather trying to spoil our merry spirits, I’ve thought of serving some absolutely refreshing, light and colorful unconventional dessert to keep our moods attuned. So, I made a test batch of this Yogurt and Fruit Parfait, it turned out awesome. And I found my easy, tasty, quick dessert that can be made in advance and kept in the freezer overnight to be served the next day.
It’s often that a simple recipe can bowl you over with its well chosen and balanced flavor. I have chosen strawberry, grapes, apricot and kiwi to balance out sweet and tangy in flavours in the dessert, you may choose your own fruits but these made absolutely perfect combination. Exotic to look at and different layers with its unique stand out taste; a perfect party dessert for my diet conscious friends too. Here’s the recipe:
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 500 gms Curd (I used Nestle for its Creamy texture)
- 100 ml Black Grapes Juice (I used Minute maid)
- 2 Kiwi
- 250 gms Black Grapes
- 250 gms Strawberries
- 100 gms Dried Apricots
- 1/2 cup Tapioca or Sabudana
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon pwd
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp fine brown Sugar.
- 1 tbsp cream, optional
- If you are using a really thick creamy yogurt then reduce the quantity by approx 150 gms and skip this step, else for our regular Indian curd hang it tied in a cotton muslin cloth for 4-5 hrs or overnight.
- Soak Tapioca/ Sabudana pearls in water for 10 minutes, then cook in boiling water untill soft. Then run under cold water to avoid them from sticking together and keep aside to drain.
- Blend the hung curd with 2 tbsp sugar, 100 ml grape juice and the cream until it is smooth and absolutely creamy. Taste and adjust sugar if you want more.
- Dice the fruits, cut grapes into halved and dice kiwi, apricot and strawberries into the same size pieces. Save two strawberries for final top up.
- Stir in 1 tsp sugar and cinnamon into the boiled tapioca.
- In 4 mason jars or Parfait glasses layer tapioca, black grapes, apricot, kiwi (save 4 or 8 pieces) and strawberries in quall amounts one after the other.
- Now pour equal quantity of creamy yogurt over the fruit layers, cut the two strawberries into half and arrange on the top with 1-2 slice of kiwi.
- Keep in the fridge for a couple of hours before indulging into the healthy deliciousness!!
Dos and Don’ts:
Sorry no dos and don’ts here, it’s that easy!!
You may also like: