Whole Wheat Eggless Chocolate Cake Recipe:
Chocolate , chocolate and more chocolate, never say no to the Chocolate Sin.
Chocolate cake is perhaps, the most common, yet the most sought after cake recipes. While I have many chocolate cake recipes, I never had one, which said ‘eggless’. Thanks to my inquisitiveness, I did manage to grab a recipe from an old friend and finally could sail through the test, making a healthier version of the sinful treat! The cake is made with whole wheat flour and does not have eggs. Instead it makes use of good old lemon juice, make up for eggs!
Let’s see what all you need to create this treat!
- 1 ½ cups of whole wheat flour,
- ¼ cup Cocoa powder,
- 1tsp Baking powder,
- ¾ tsp Baking soda or cooking soda,
- ¼ tsp salt,
- 1 cup powdered sugar,
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice,
- 1/3 cup Vegetable oil,
- 1 cup warm water,
- 1 tsp good quality vanilla extract,
- And some fresh strawberries to decorate, optional
- It might sound tricky, but trust me it’s easy and can be whipped in not time! Before you begin, pre heat your oven to 170 degrees centigrade and grease a cake tin.
- Take all the dry ingredients, sieve them well and mix them together. Keep aside, while you get set to whip up the liquid batter.
- In a clean bowl, take the liquids, as in the warm water, vanilla extract, oil and lemon juice and stir well.
- Now slowly and steadily, add the liquid batter, into the dry mixture, in installments. Keep stirring in, to prevent the formation of lumps.
- Soon, you will have a dark, sinister looking thick batter. No matter how sinister the batter looks, you will be surprised at the quantum of goodness that comes out in the finale. Bake for 30 mins or until a sharp knife comes out clean through the centre at 170 degree C.
- Allow the cake to cool and then take it out on a cake plate. Slice it and serve it with a dust of cocoa and some fresh strawberries. The stark red and brown combo will make even the strongest one, go weak in the knees!
You may also like;