Whole-wheat Apple CinnamonLoaf Cake Recipe:
A no fuss, whole-wheat cake with the goodness of apples and the aroma of cinnamon.
I love this cake, and I often try and bribe my husband with this cake. You see, he isn’t the kind to eat the wholesome fruit, so I had to think of something to get him eat it. Although, it may sound unhealthy, as it calls for too much sugar in process, but I try and stick to some healthy ingredients, to give it that healthy kick!
Ingredients (Makes a 10inch loaf cake, serves 3-4):
- Whole wheat flour-180 grams (sieved and sifted),
- Powdered sugar-200 grams (you can use brown sugar for a more healthier option),
- 1 egg,
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence,
- 80 ml Buttermilk or yogurt,
- ½ tsp baking soda,
- ½ tsp of baking powder,
- 1 tsp of cinnamon powder,
- 1 ½ cups of apples, peeled, cored and chopped,
- Melted butter or vegetable oil-80 ml
- Pre heat the oven to 170 degree Celsius and grease your loaf tin. Keep it aside, while you gear up to prepare the batter.
- Sieve whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon powder and set aside.
- In a clean bowl, whisk in powdered sugar and oil until smooth and light. Into this, add the egg and vanilla essence and whisk again. The texture will be smooth and shiny, with a hint of brown color.
- Now add the buttermilk or yogurt and whisk in.
- Add the dry mixture of flour into the liquid batter, in three equal installments, while softly folding in with each addition.
- Lastly, add the chopped apples and fold in gently.
- Immediately, pour the batter into the loaf tin and put it into the oven, to bake it for 50 minutes. Insert a skewer, to check if it’s done. If not, then lower the temperature to 150 and bake it again, for another 10 minutes or until done.
- Lowering of temperature, during the last few minutes, will prevent the cake from burning, while properly cooking the inside.
- Allow the cake to cool for at least an hour, before slicing it up.
- Slice and serve it with your morning or evening cuppa and enjoy! To enjoy it in the cold weather, you may even slightly warm it up, to get that fresh hint of apples and cinnamon with every bite!