Vanilla Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing Recipe:
Soft Vanilla Cupcakes filled with Cherries and Raisins ,and topped with two colour Cream Cheese Icing.
When I first started cooking I always admired those beautiful cupcakes that only the more experienced cooks could prepare. I thought that it would be impossible for me to make such beautiful and tasty desserts. Soon I found out that with only a little bit of practice and a big amount of enthusiasm everybody could turn their best ideas into reality. So here are the latest cupcakes that I have come up with and I really hope you make them as well and enjoy them with your loved ones.
Ingredients (Makes 12 cupcakes):
- All- purpose flour -1 ½ cups (200 grams)
- Powdered sugar – 1 cup (150 grams)
- 2 medium eggs
- ½ cup of milk(110 grams)
- 115 grams of unsalted butter
- A pinch of salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 300 grams of cherries (make sure to save some of them for decoration)
- 50 grams of raisins
For the Cream Cheese Icing:
- 3 cups of powdered sugar (350 grams)
- Cream cheese – 200 grams
- Butter – 60 grams
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Colors (In this recipe I have used powdered food colors but you can also use liquid, liquid- gel and gel-paste colors)
- Start by beating together the butter and the sugar. Use a mixer with beating attachments.
- One by one mix the eggs in.
- Add 1 ½ tablespoons of vanilla extract to the mixture and beat it together.
- Add the salt and the baking powder to the flour and mix it together.
- Adding the flour and the milk to the cupcake mixture must be done in two steps. First you add half the flour and half the milk and mix it for a while. After that you add the rest of the flour and the milk and mix.
- Remove the stones from the cherries and cut them in half.
- Add in the cherries and the raisins and mix them together with a spoon.
- The cupcake mixture is now ready and you can proceed to filling the forms.
- Preheat your oven to 170 degree Centigrade.
- Put some cupcake papers into your cupcake pan. You can also use aluminum forms which you can put in a regular pan.
- Fill the cupcakes with the help of spoons or an ice-cream scoop. 2 tablespoons of the mixture are enough for one cupcake.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of one comes out clean.
- Wait for the cupcakes to cool and remove them from the forms.
- You can now prepare the cream cheese icing.
Cream Cheese Icing:
- Beat the cream cheese and the butter together using an electric mixer.
- Add one third of the sugar and beat. Repeat this step until you have mixed in all the sugar.
- Add the lemon juice and mix it in.
- I have separated this mixture in two bowls – in one of them I am going to color the icing yellow and in the other – pink. (You can skip this step and use only one color of icing if you like)
- When using powdered food colors you need to take the amount that fits on the tip of the knife and dissolve in few drops pf water. If you are using any other kind of colors you don’t need to use water.
- Add the colors to the mixture and stir with a spoon.
- Remember – start with little and add more if you need. You can always add more color but you can’t take any away.
- Now if the cupcakes have cooled down completely you can put the icing on top of them and decorate any way you want using cherries, grated chocolate, coconut etc.
You may also like;