Trifle Pudding Recipe:
Leftover cakes and custard blend into a delicious summer dessert.
This is one recipe, which I simple adore. It’s a brilliant recipe for all those cake crumbles or pieces of left over chocolate cake. Just layer them beautifully and what you get is an irresistible dessert, called Trifle pudding.
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 300 grams of Chocolate cake or any other sponge cake, cut into small cubes,
- 500 ml of custard, made with some readymade custard powder (as per the instructions on the pack),
- 200 grams of fresh strawberries, cut into halves, except for few, which can be used for garnishing,
- 200 ml freshly whipped cream,
- 200 grams of cashew nuts and raisins, chopped,
- 3-4 tsp of good quality brandy or rum,
- 50 grams of Chocolate sprinkles or chocolate chips for decoration
- Prepare and cool the custard before you assemble the dish.
- Place the cubed cake pieces on the bottom of a tall glass or any glass of your choice and soak it with a sprinkling of good quality rum or brandy. Do not exceed more than 1 tsp for each glass, as it might turn a little bitter. Allow it to stand for about 5 minutes.
- Next layer the halved strawberries over the soaked pieces of cake. This should be followed by some generous pouring of the already made custard, followed by some dry fruits.
- Scoop a generous dollop of freshly whipped cream and garnish it with a whole strawberry and some good sprinkling of chocolate chips or chocolate sprinkles. Place it in the fridge and enjoy it as a cool dessert, post lunch!
- This is a good chilled dessert recipe for the summers and both, adults and children will love it!
You may also like;