Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wings Recipe:
Hot, sweet, juicy , succulent chicken wings baked to perfection, a simple yet finger licking good Starter.
Amidst all the game night madness and crazy night hours that we are living through needs some good grab-on recipe. Don’t you think? And these recipes essentially have to be as fiery, hair rising and exciting as these matches are, a surprise in every bite. I mean when one of your favorite teams are out of the running, one does red some recluse, something to bite on really. These hot, juicy, sweet and fiery chicken wings perfectly fit the need of these hours.
All I did is marinated the chicken and prepared the sauce in advance and kept it in the fridge. Took the chicken out of the fridge about an hour before the games started, left it at room temperature for aprox 20 mins and then put it into the oven. The delicious, sweet, hot, juicy and succulent baked chicken was out of the oven just as in time for the game’s first kick.
I mean ofcourse you do not need to be trapped in a Soccer frenzy to relish these luscious chicken wings, I mean they are good on their own to start off any party or just that special weekend dinner.
Ingredients (Serves 4-5):
- 10 chicken wings, fat trimmed
- Lemon slices to serve
For the marinade:
- ½ tbsp red hot paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp white vinegar (non synthetic)
- Salt and pepper
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
For the honey chili sauce:
- 1 tbsp red hot paprika
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- A blob of butter, should make 2 tbsp when melted
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200OC. Line the baking tray with baking paper, spray some oil and keep aside.
- Marinate the chicken wings in all the marinade ingredients. Leave it on if you are preparing in advance else spread in a single layer on the baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 30-35 mins until cooked through.
- Meanwhile prepare the sauce (this can be prepared in advance). Heat the butter in a small pan, add the chilli flakes and grated ginger. Allow to infuse for 30 secs on low flame.
- Then add the honey and paprika and allow it to come to a bubble on low flame. Then add soy sauce, adjust salt if required. Reduce it to a thick consistency and remove from heat.
- Now spread the hot and sweet sauce over the chicken wings and pop it back into the oven for 10 more mins.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges.
Dos and Don’ts:
- Adjust cooking time according to the size of the chicken wings, I mean the chicken should be cooked and crispy at the end.
- I have baked on the convection oven, the regular oven may require aprox 10-15 extra mins.