Stir Fried Pasta with Veggies Recipe:
Spaghetti with zucchini, bell peppers & shallots; dressed with black bean sauce
Pastas are a real favorite with both of us. As much as we enjoy eating it so do we love cooking it with different sauces, veggies or meat; actually what excites us about this food is the unlimited opportunity it offers to turn out a new dish every time you cook it, add simply any flavor you like and it blends perfect to suit your taste buds. In case you didn’t notice I am using ‘we’ here for hubby too loves to cook pasta, and he does it quite wonderfully but it will take me a while before i successfully bring him to share his recipe with us here. For now however, I have got one of our all time favorite pasta recipes, it is stir fried spaghetti with veggies and a drizzle of black bean sauce.
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 200 gms of Spaghetti
- 100 gms of each green, yellow and red bell peppers, fine diced
- 2 large shallots, slip into two and fine dices along with the greens
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, cut into thin strips
- 3-4 green chills, de-seeded and cut to thin strips
- Four tablespoon of Thai Black Bean Sauce
- Olive oil or any vegetable oil for frying
- Dry oregano, thyme and paprika
- A fresh spring of Basil for dressing.
- Salt and black pepper
- Cook spaghetti in 2 ltrs of boiling water with salt and some oil till al dente, drain and set aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan or wok pan, throw in the entire garlic then add the green chilies and fry till it turns crispy golden.
- Add the spaghetti and toss well, add a couple of pinches of salt to taste and a little drizzle of vinegar, about 5-7 drops and turn off the flame. Plate the spaghetti at the center of your serving dish, twisting and turning into a mound using your pasta tongs and set aside.
- Not add another tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and add zucchini and fry for a half a minute then add all other vegetables and toss them altogether.
- Add a few pinches of salt and simmer the stove and let it cook for a while but only till the bell peppers are still crunchy.
- Then sprinkle black pepper, twp-three pinch of each dry oregano and thyme and finally the entire black bean sauce. Add just 1 tablespoon of water and stir, turn the stove back to high count ten and turn off.
- Generously add the fried vegetables over the resting spaghetti and use a spoon to drizzle all the sauce left in the pan all around and over the pasta. Sprinkle some paprika and top up with a fresh spring of basil and serve warm.
Dos and Don’ts:
- Use any veggies that you prefer.
- You may totally let go the black bean sauce if you like it a simple dry stir fry, but if you take my word the sauce totally lifts the recipe many notches.
- Do toss all veggies first and then add the pasta and toss everything together in one go before serving; specially if plating is not what you are too much bothered about. It will taste all the same.
- Don’t over cook the pasta, just al dente.
- Don’t reduce the sauce, this is if at all are you adding it.