Spicy Sausage Fusilli Recipe:
A quick Indian Pasta, fusilli cooked with spicy Indian veggies and sausages.
I love pasta, but I wanted to think of a recipe which would have the goodness of spice as well as the tangy tomatoes. I was scouting for some recipes with fusilli this time, when I stumbled upon this unique fusilli recipe. It’s easy and extremely delicious!
- Whole wheat or durum wheat fusilli pasta-250 grams, boiled as per packet instructions,
- 6-7 medium tomatoes, blanched and pureed,
- 250 grams of chopped carrots and beans,
- 2 small onions, finely chopped,
- 8-10 cloves of garlic, finely chopped,
- Handful of fresh basil leaves,
- 2-3 tsp of dried red chili flakes,
- 4-5 chorizos or spicy sausages (you can also increase it as per your choice), cubed,
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil,
- 2 tbsp of fresh cream,
- Salt to taste
- The process remains quite similar to any regular pasta, except for the few additional elements. Start by taking a little olive oil in a pan, tossing in the chopped garlic and frying it for a minute. This should be immediately followed by the addition of onions.
- Once the onions turn a little translucent or slight brown, add the finely chopped veggies and fry on high flame for a minute or two.
- Once the vegetables are half done, add the tomato puree and cook on low flame. Let the mixture simmer for about five minutes, before adding cream, salt, freshly chopped basil leaves and chili flakes.
- Turn off the heat and add the spicy sausages, coating it well in the sauce. Now serve the fusili with a generous helping of the sauce, coupled with a garnish of fresh basil leaves.
You may also like;