Spaghetti with Prawns and Shimeji Mushrooms Recipe:
A Japanese inspired stir fried Spaghetti with chilli prawns and shimeji mushrooms.
I am gonna stay inspired by the awesome food we had yesterday (read about it here) for sometime atleast, you might have predicted that one. Some inspired Japanese cooking, had picked up those Shimeji Mushrooms during my shopping haul yesterday without anything specific in mind, and had never thought I’ll be putting them to use this soon. So my spaghetti with prawns and shimeji mushrooms might not be an authentic recipe. Spaghetti after all is not Japanese, a noodle might have been more authentic but then I am inspired by the modern, adventurous cooking and believe you me it works. It works into great symphony together, simple yet intense and delectable on the palate.
I mean ofcourse I do not have an intention to compete with the Celebrity chef but his food has left me inspired by large, and the phenomena’s got to last a while. Frankly, every time I taste a wonderful recipe, I feel inspired, inspired to cook, to try and achieve something closely flavoursome. And today, I felt happy in my heart for my dish turned out to be exactly what I had conceptualised in my mind’s palate before taking a dig at it. And the best part, it was simple, only a few quick steps and my kitchen delivered on of its best Spaghettis ever.
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- Approx 100 gms Spaghetti
- 80 gms Shimeji Mushrooms
- 100 gms Prawns, deveined and cleaned
- 1-2 cubes butter, or 2 tbsp
- 2-3 spring onions, chopped along with half the greens
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp red chilli flakes
- ½ tsp red hot paprika
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- ½ tbsp Fish sauce
- Salt & pepper
- Cook the spaghetti according to instructions on the packet with salt in the boiling pot of water. Drain, toss with some oil or butter and keep aside.
- Cut the stem and separate the shimeji mushrooms with hands. Dress the prawns with some salt and pepper and keep aside.
- Heat a large frying pan or wok, add the butter and chopped garlic together, fry until just slightly golden.
- Then add the chilli flakes, chopped spring onion whites and fry for just 30 sec. Then add the shemiji mushrooms and fry on a low heat until leaves water, about 2 mins.
- Now add the prawns and fry for a minute, add the paprika and fry for another minute or two until the prawns are cooked through.
- Add in the cooked spaghetti and fry for a ½ a min, and then mix the soy sauce and fish sauce and remove from heat.
- Adjust salt and mix the saved spring onion greens and serve immediately.
Dos and Don’ts:
- Adjust chillies to your liking.
- You may use other sea foods, like scallops, squids or urchins too.