Soba Noodles with Crispy Tofu Recipe:
Celebration of Womanhood with a garlicky Soba Noodles and crispy tofu topped with a delicious sweet and sour dressing.
What is the significance of a day like this I often wonder, why just a day to celebrate and therefore clearly mark and inequality in bold. It seems almost like a mockery in face of the reality, when you use, abuse, misuse a woman for the entire year long. Why is there no ‘’Man’s day’ but just ‘an International Woman’s day’, it is only to remind her perhaps of being that special little stupid bait that is fed well, pampered, praised only to be slaughtered by a barbaric pawn later.
Frankly I do not believe that we the WOMAN need a day to celebrate our being, womanhood to me is a celebration on its own. You turn me into a sacrificing Sita, or a tattered Nirbhaya and yet I stand up again, no matter how many times you knock me down I will continue to be the strength that I am, its only a portion of my own strength that I pass onto you in my womb, you feeble creature. So I don’t need you remind me how special I am.
I am marvellous, I am a woman and I know it, so thank you I don’t need a day to tell me of how special I am. So I say Happy woman’s day to you today and each day !!
Well the recipe below is a quick weekend lunch recipe, Japanese soba noodles tossed with shallots and lots of garlic, served alongside crispy tofu and a perfectly balanced dressing and a generous sprinkle of sesame. It’s a great recipe for that busy woman, who loves to keep it fresh, healthy yet delicious and easy. All healthy ingredients, soba noodles, tofu, and fresh veggies together make a great recipe to enjoy with your girlfriends, simple, soulful yet fancy deliciousness.
Ingredients (Serves 1 or maybe 2 for a side):
- 80 gms Soba Noodles
- 100 gms firm Tofu
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped or sliced into thin flakes
- 1-2 red Chinese chilli, diced
- 1 tbsp white sesame seed, lightly toasted
- 1 & ½ tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp bread crumb
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- Salt and pepper to dress
For the dressing:
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Chili vinegar
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- Salt to taste
- Cook the noodles following the instruction on the packet. Just keep it al dente.
- Mix bread crumb and flour and sperd on a flat plate. Cut the tofu into thick chunks, dip it in the beaten egg and then coat it in the bread crumb and flour mixture.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and roast the coated tofu until golden and crispy on all sides. Strain and keep aside
- In a small wok or the same pan add the remaining oil and add garlic flakes and fry until golden and crisp. Then add chopped spring onions and chillies and just toss for about 30 secs. Add the cooked soba noodles and toss and turn off the heat and dress with a little salt and pepper.
- To serve quickly mix all the ingredients for dressing until it emulsifies. Plate up with a serve of noodles at the base, arrange the crispy tofu on top, sprinkle toasted sesame seeds and generously drizzle the prepared dressing all over. Bon appetite!
Dos and Don’ts:
- You may try the same recipe with any noodle of your choice.
- Do add some chilli flakes to the dressing if you like
- Also adding some more greens, like kale or rocket or spinach with the veggies would be great.