Rice Pudding with Blueberries Recipe:
Yet another easy yest delicious sweet treat from Julie’s home cooking.
Upon the request of my husband, I decided to make the ever so simple Rice Pudding Recipe that he likes. The recipe is very simple, but for my taste buds it is rather plain. I tried a few different options to make it more interesting by adding some extra toppings.
I normally always make this recipe with extra left over rice from the night before and it turns out perfect.
Rice Pudding with Blueberries
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 cups / 500ml milk
- 80 ml sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- 5ml / 1tsp vanilla essence
- Sprinkling of nutmeg
- ½ cup / 125ml shredded coconut
- Handful of Blueberries
- Place the rice into an oven-proof dish, or alternatively into individual ramekin bowls.
- Mix together the milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla essence with a hand beater, and then simply pour the mixture over the rice, so that it is completely covered.
- For the individual ramekin variation, you can now place a few blueberries into the dish at this stage.
- Finally sprinkle the top of the mixture with nutmeg.
- Bake the pudding at 180°C for approximately 1 hour, or until the pudding is firm.
- Enjoy the pudding with a few blueberries added. Also enjoyable with Ice-Cream.
Dos and don’ts:
- Please notice that you can add the blueberries before cooking, or afterwards as well.
- The baking time must be about 1/2 hr-45 mins only if preparing in individual ramekins.