Rajma Masala Recipe:
Healthy and delicious Rajma (red kidney beans) cooked with Indian spices, a low calorie one pot curry.
Rajma or black kidney beans are very popular Indian legumes which are traditionally cooked as gravy with a lot of Indian spices. Rajma has a high fiber content, which prevents blood sugar levels from rising too fast after a meal. It is known to be help keep the cholesterol levels under control too. It’s an easy one pot dish and can be eaten with either rice or chapati which makes a sumptuous meal.
Ingredients (Serves 2-3):
- ½ cup Red kidney beans (rajma), soaked overnight
- 2 tbsp Oil
- A bay leaf
- 1 med Onions, chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp Cumin powder
- 2 med Tomatoes, chopped
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp Garam masala pwd
- 1 tbsp Fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add bay leaves and onions and sauté till golden.
- Add ginger garlic paste and continue to sauté for a minute.
- Add tomatoes and salt and cook till tomatoes are cooked
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and stir.
- Add rajma along with 3 cups of water till five whistles or totally cooked and soft.
- Cook on low heat for fifteen minute stirring in between.
- Adjust salt and add garam masala powder. Cook for five minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rotis.