Prawn and Egg Fried Rice Recipe:
A quick and easy fried rice recipe for a perfect lunch.
I love prawns and never get tired of eating it. Whether they are tiny, small, medium, large or the jumbo prawns, I love them in every size! I remember, when I was a child, my father used to take the pains in getting some good quality prawns from the fish market, every Sunday! Since I was a picky fish eater, he consoled himself with the idea of me eating prawns at least!
I came across these medium sized prawns the other day and was wondering what new I could try with it, when I thought of making prawn fried rice. Prawn and egg fried is something that I have always loved and so here is the recipe for all the prawn lovers!
- 3 bowls of cooked white rice, preferably cooled,
- 250 grams of medium sized prawns,
- 2 eggs,
- 200 grams of mixed diced vegetables like carrots and beans,
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic,
- 2 tbsp of soya sauce,
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and de-vein the prawns. Fry them directly into a kadai, with some oil. Take them off, while they are still a little pink, but have curled up completely.
- In the same kadai, fry the eggs and take them off. Now take some more oil into the kadai, and fry the chopped garlic for a minute. Before it turns brown, add in the diced vegetables and stir fry on high flame for a few more minutes.
- Now add the soya sauce, salt, pepper and continue frying. Into this add the fried prawns and eggs and stir well, to coat the soya sauce with it. Now add the already cooked rice and mix well. Turn off the heat and ensure the seasoning is evenly distributed all over the rice.
- The prawn fried rice looks and smells heavenly. This is one recipe which will be loved by all those, who claim to be diehard fans of Chinese prawn fried rice.
You may also like;