Pomegranate Ice Cream Recipe:
A fresh, homemade, no churn Ice cream, an irresistible refreshing delight.
Living along the coastal region has its own benefits. One of them is enjoying ice creams all year round, as there’s no winter season and its bliss to enjoy this chilled dessert at any time!
To restrict that impulse of buying store bought jar of ice cream, I decided to try this lovely recipe, which involves less hard work and more rewards. It will make ice creams for about 4 very indulgent people and take just 20 minutes of your precious time for whipping it all up. However, you need to incorporate 8 hours of patience, to watch it freeze before scooping it out.
- 2 cups of fresh double cream,
- 1 ½ cups of good quality freshly squeezed or tetra pack pomegranate juice ( I tried Real),
- 1 ½ cups of powdered sugar or icing sugar,
- 1 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice,
- A handful of pomegranate seeds for that bejeweled look.
- Start off by taking powdered sugar in a clean dry bowl and adding the pomegranate juice and lemon juice to it. Whisk it well, until the sugar has thoroughly dissolved.
- Now whisk in the double cream, while stirring all the time. Whisk at least for about 10-15 minutes, until the mixture is frothy and smooth. At this stage, the mixture will have subtle hints of pink.
- Quickly pour it into an air tight container and freeze it for 8 hours or overnight.
- Scoop it out and serve with some handful of pomegranate seeds. The flavors will be fresh and very tropical.