Pista Kulfi Recipe:
Our favourite Indian home-style answer to Ice-cream, Pistachio flavoured Kulfi on a stick.
One of the biggest fun of scorching hot summer season in India is enjoying a delightful and creamy texture of Indian ice cream also known as Kulfi. My oldest of the memories takes me back to a time when the sound of Kulfi wala use to pull us out of our houses. It used to be a pleasure to take a bite of Kulfi at that time and remains same till now. Try this Pista Kulfi recipe and enjoy the moments all over again with your family!
Ingredients (Serves 8):
- Full Cream Milk 1.5 litres
- Pista / Pistachios – ½ cup
- Sugar- 1+1/4 cup (increase or decrease the amount as per taste)
- Cardamom powder- ½ tsp
- Corn Flour- 2 tsp
- Water/ Milk (room temperature)- ¼ cup for mixing corn flour
- Pista Flavour- ¼ tsp (optional)
- Kulfi moulds or air tight container
I did not use the optional ingredients in my recipe though.
- Take Pista kernals chop ¼ of them to small pieces. Grind remaining with milk to form a coarse paste.
- Take milk in a heavy bottom pan and boil it. Add sugar after the first boil comes.
- Now add the Pista paste and cardamom powder. The milk will turn into light green color.
- Let the milk boil for ½ an hour on low flame, stirring continuously.
- Now mix corn flour with water to form a paste and add it in milk, stirring continuously so that no lumps are formed.
- Now boil it for 5-10 minutes till it thickens and check to see if the mixture coats the back of the spoon.
- Now off the gas burner. Add food color and flavouring at this stage and mix well.
- Let it cool to the room temperature. After the milk is cooled to the normal temperature fill the kulfi moulds or put it in air tight container and keep it in freezer till the kulfi sets. It might take around 10 hours to set completely.
- Serve immediately after unmolding from kulfi moulds, enjoy!!
You may also like;