Pasta Arrabbiata Recipe:
A quick and easy recipe for Penne with Arrabbiata Sauce.
I love pasta, be it in any form! Right from fettuccini, linguini, spaghetti, anything in the name of pasta appeals to me. However, more than the white sauce, it’s the tomato based gravy that I like. The mildly spiced pasta, along with the tanginess of the tomatoes, just makes a perfect lazy afternoon lunch.
With my husband away, I took some leisure time out from my writing schedule, to make this delicious recipe. Let me share my personal pasta arrabbiata recipe with you. It’s quick, simple and good to eat!
It’s amazing how some simple ingredients could be transformed into something so heavenly. Follow the recipe steps and you will know exactly what I mean.
- 300 grams of whole wheat pasta, boiled as per instructions,
- 5-6 medium tomatoes, blanched and pureed,
- 5-6 cloves of garlic finely chopped,
- 200 grams of carrots and beans, finely chopped,
- 2 tablespoons of fresh cream,
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil,
- 1 tsp of black pepper,
- 1 tsp of dried basil
- 1 tsp of dried thyme, and
- Salt to taste.
- Take the specified amount of extra virgin olive oil into a pan and immediately add the finely chopped garlic.
- Do not brown it much and add the finely chopped vegetables. I used carrots and beans, but you can add any other vegetable of your choice.
- Stir fry on a very high flame for about 2-3 minutes and then add the freshly made tomato puree. Simmer the tomato mixture, for about another 5-10 minutes, or until cooked.
- Then add the fresh cream at this stage and cook for another 5 minutes, on low flame.N
- Now add the dried herbs, as mentioned. Although I tried dried herbs, I would strongly recommend fresh herbs for making pasta, especially if you have easy access to them. Nothing beats the fresh smell of basil and thyme. They are very aromatic and lend the pasta their special touch.
- Anyway, since I couldn’t find it in the stores nearby, I resorted to the dried version of the herbs. They weren’t bad either and made my day.
- Finally, add the salt and pepper and smooth in the sauce till thick and creamy.
- Place pasta, which has already been boiled, onto a plate and pour a generous serving of the tomato sauce over it. The finale looks gorgeous! Trust me, it’s equally delicious and super easy to make!
You may also like;