Palak Paneer Recipe:
Health and taste in one recipe that’s favorite gravy around many households.
This is one vegetarian meal, which everybody in my family simply adores. It goes well with both rice and rotis. Although, it is favored well in winters, it’s also a good treat when spinach looks appealing and easily available in off season.
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 250 grams of paneer, diced or cubed,
- 500 grams of palak, boiled and pureed,
- 1 tsp of ginger-garlic paste,
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped,
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped,
- 1 tsp coriander powder,
- 1 tsp of degi mirch powder,
- 1 tsp roasted jeera powder,
- 2-4 tsp of fresh cream or butter (optional),
- Salt to taste
- Take oil in a pan and toss in the ginger garlic paste. Fry for a minute, before adding the chopped onions.
- After the onions turn translucent, add the finely chopped tomatoes and fry for another 3-5 minutes, until well cooked. Add the dried powdered spices and fry well, till the mixture leaves oil from sides.
- Add the freshly pureed spinach into the fried masala and let it come to a boil. Cover the spinach mixture and let it simmer for 5-10 minutes until thick. You may add water, if you feel the need.
- Now toss the diced paneer and let it cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Serve piping hot, with a generous dollop of fresh cream or butter.
You may also like;