Orange Upside-down Cake Recipe:
With the oranges seen all around in the season I tried many recipes with it- squash, marmalades, mock tails, deserts and many more. Although the orange season is already over but still I quench for the most tastiest and easiest of the orange recipes- the orange upside down cake. One can try out this recipe with any seasonal fruit. Let’s roll out our skills to make a great orange upside down cake. As said, it’s not difficult at all.
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 4 medium oranges
- 1/2 cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 40 g melted butter (unsalted white butter)/ vegetable oil
- 2 tsp of orange rind
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- Set the oven for preheating at 210o C.
- Wash the oranges and grate them without peeling the skin for orange rind. Now peel the oranges. Take out the white skin and deseed each of the segments.
- Grease the baking dish with butter/oil and dust some flour all around.
- Now sprinkle brown sugar all around the dish making the first layer of cake and arrange the orange segments on top of brown sugar thus making the second layer.
- Keep this aside.
- Prepare dry mix- Now take flour and baking powder and sieve it through to remove any lumps.
- Prepare wet mix- Take a separate pan. Break eggs, add sugar and butter. Mix it well until it forms a smooth paste and the sugar gets mixed properly. Also add orange rind and mix well.
- Mixing dry and wet mix- Take flour mixture in batches and mix well with the wet mixture. Take care that no lumps are formed. Now transfer this mixture in the baking dish covering the orange layer.
- Now put it in the preheated oven at 210o C and let it cook for 30 minutes. Check it after 30 minutes by inserting knife. If it comes out clean then your cake is ready else put it back in oven for 10-15 minutes or until done.
- After the cake is done. Let it cool on wire rack for 20 minutes. Take it out and let it cool further till it comes to room temperature.
- 10) Now invert your baking dish on a separate plate. Your orange upside down cake is ready!!
You may also like;