Orange Kheer Recipe:
Juicy seasonal oranges and milk blended to make a delicious paayasam, a quick anytime dessert.
This is the season of Oranges. The color and smell tempts me to eat oranges. A beautiful vibrant color, sweet-citrus aroma, it is no surprise why there are so many of us who simply love the fruit.
Ingredients (Serves 3-4):
- 500 ml /2 cups Milk
- ½ cups sweet condensed milk, try Nestle
- 1 cup Oranges, peeled, segmented and deseeded with the white outer skin removed
- 3 Cardamom, peeled and crushed
- ¼ cup Almonds, chopped
- Some nuts (cashews) for garnishing
- Heat together the milk, sweetened condensed milk in a large pan. Mix well.
- Add crushed cardamom pods and almond flakes.
- Bring it to a boil on low heat till it reduces to half stirring this every time you see the milk rising to brim or the upper-edge of the bowl.
- Take off the bowl and let them cool.
- Add the deseeded & segmented orange pieces to the Luke warm milk and arrange in fridge for an hour. Serve chilled topped with nuts.
Dos and Don’ts:
- For more flavor you can add dry fruits and saffron also.