Oats Fritters Recipe:
Healthy, delicious Oat and mixed vegetable cutlets or fritter for a guilt free snacking.
I had never heard the word Oats in my early days. But now it became familiar. I first saw my dad eating oats porridge and I tried it too!! I just cannot eat those sticky oats but want to try any other recipes with Oats so that anyone can eat without any bitter feeling. So I had tried this recipe from Quaker Oats Recipe book which came out to be a scrumptious dish and every one of us liked it!!
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 1 cup oats
- 2 potatoes – boiled and mashed
- ¼ cup grated carrot
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp Dried Mango powder
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- ¼ tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp yogurt – to bind
- Mix all the ingredients with oats. Mash well to bind.
- Make 6-8 balls of the above mixture.
- Flatten each ball and shape into round flat or oval shaped cutlets.
- Cook the cutlet on a non stick tawa with little amount of oil, turning side, till both sides are done.
Dos and Don’ts:
- For more flavor you can add grated bottle gourd, grated cauliflower and chopped beans