Muskmelon Ice-cream Shake Recipe:
Muskmelon and vanilla ice cream shake with choco-chip crunch
Delhi’s heat is just not in the mood to bid adieu any soon, not a single drizzle and it is already past mid June. I know we are all set to have a delayed monsoon this year but any foodie can spot the silver lining in times like these, indeed it is the abundance of juicy fruits, summer drinks, ice-creams and everything else that is served chilled this season. I like to mix ingredients that blends together to help quench the perpetual summer thirst. And what would you say of a recipe that blends two of the season’s favorites together to result into another one, muskmelon and vanilla ice-cream blended with some chocolate cookie crunch and what you get is a thick and crunchy chilled ice-cream shake. This one’s another simple recipe from my kitchen, quick and easy yet absolutely refreshing.
Ingredients (Serves 2 glasses):
- 1 cup ripe muskmelon peeled and cut to slices. About 400 gms by weight.
- 3 large scoops of vanilla ice-cream
- ½ cup milk, chilled
- 2 tablespoon castor sugar
- 4-6 chocolate chip cookies, I’ve used a Danish coco-chip cookies
- Blend muskmelon and sugar together and then add the ice-cream and milk.
- Blend well together, the crush four cookies and add to the blender and give one whip.
- Serve chilled with an extra cookie hung at the brim of the serving glass. Now, if you want to cut a slit across a cookie you know it won’t work so just slowly scrap your way through like an axe on wood.
Dos and Don’ts:
No intelligent Dos and Don’ts to offer here. Add and reduce flavors to suit your taste but I recommend it without any other added flavor, simple and delicious.
You may also like;