Mushroom Frittata with Mozzarella Recipe:
The Sunday Brunch- Mushroom, bell pepper and green pea frittata with loads of mozzarella.
It was a lazy Sunday; the dreary weather had slowly crept into our moods and the whole day we only saw overcast skies but not a drop of rain. Didn’t really feel like doing anything this morning and kept lazing in the bed for long but then I did know that only some food can help recharge our mood. So this Sunday our brunch was about some comfort food that could be arranged in no time for by the time I entered our kitchen it was already past 12 noon. What came to my mind immediately were a quick veggie frittata and some pudding. At the end my kitchen did deliver a delectable meal of Mushroom Frittata with Mozzarella and Lemon and vanilla bread pudding.
The recipe for Mushroom Frittata with Mozzarella is right below and to find the recipe for Lemon and Vanilla Bread Pudding click here.
Ingredients (Serves 2-3):
- 6 eggs, beaten and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 cup chopped button mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ½ yellow or red bell pepper, finely diced
- A handful of green peas
- A quarter cup mozzarella chunks
- 1 tablespoon butter/olive oil
- Salt, pepper and Italian seasoning (I use a seasoning that has parsley, oregano, chives, onion and pepper mixed in equal quantities)
- Some fresh parsley springs to garnish
- Heat oil in a non stick pan, add onions, mushrooms and garlic and cook until the liquid from the mushrooms oozes and dries out.
- Then add green peas and bell pepper, stir and cook for a minute and add 1-2 pinches of salt to taste.
- Add the beaten eggs and cook for 7-8 minutes on a medium flame until set.
- Then scatter the mozzarella chunks all over. Lightly season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Finally sprinkle torn parley and slide into a hot grill for 5 minutes approx or till it turns golden and the cheese melts. Serve hot.
Dos and Don’ts:
None to offer actually, but yes this recipe can be made using any vegetable and cheese of your choice. In fact I’d have preferred goat cheese instead, but there were none in stock.
You may also like;