Mixed Fruit Salad Recipe:
Summer’s fruit Salad with mangoes, kiwi fruit, green apples, cherry tomatoes and pomegranate
I sure have already established my love for fresh fruits by now. And equally strongly that summer’s juicy fruits cast a romantic spell on me. This premise is sure good enough for you to conclude where I am heading, to some recipe with summer fruit or fruits. But today it is not just about a fruit or two but a whole bowl full of fresh, juicy and succulent summer’s favorite fruits. My best enjoyed bowl of fruit salad with only minimal essential dressings shall soon be no secret as you read ahead. While I have picked few of my favorite fruits from the season keeping in mind the balance of sweet and citrus, you might pretty well select any fruits you want in your bowl of salad. Balance is important here, though I am no trained expert but know from experience that not all fruits simply because they are all fruits can be mixed together, like mangoes and watermelon, try mixing the two and both lose their identity and taste awful to me. Do check me if I am wrong, would love to know if there is s a good proportion to mix two of them, for you know they are both my favorites.
Ps- as I write this post I am watching my first episode of the new show ‘Love Bites with Joey’ on NDTV Good times and guess how excited I am to see that her first recipe today is also a simple yet inviting salad she calls “Caprese Salad”. Oh, Joey Mathew is definitely a pretty hot hostess, and the way she seems to romanticize over her food is enough for me to look forward to her next show already. Well, the prelaunch promos of the show was quite attractive itself but you know I missed the previous episodes for not just this show but also to my all time favorite new season of ‘Master chef Australia’ (thankfully they are still into their preliminaries), all of it you know due to the mishap that happed back home. Never mind, we are blessed to be in the age were YouTube is at our rescue in times like these.
- 1 ripe Alphanso Mango, peeled and sliced
- 2 Kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 Green Apple, peeled and sliced
- ¼th cup pomegranate
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes, optional, cut into halves
- 1 teaspoon chat masala
- 2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Mixing a salad is any Child’s play, so put all the fruits together in a mixing bowl add chat masala and lime juice and one quick mix.
- Fill up your serving bowl and finally pour the honey all and over the salad, enjoy the sweet freshness in your mouth.
Dos and Don’ts:
- Do cut all the fruits to equal thickness and size as far as possible.
- Do add some fresh cream if you are not in the gluten free mood.
- Just one simple caution, do not whip hard for we are using ripe fruits and we don’t want it to crumble and turn into a paste.