Minty Ginger Ale Recipe:
A refreshing homemade ginger ale with a hint of mint and lime juice.
The temperature has crossed the dreadful 46oC mark here in Delhi and its painful to tread out of the air conditioned rooms into the kitchen, leave behind going out for no matter how important work you have. So that’s my excuse for missing out on that important Bank work I had this morning, hope he doesn’t read it for I gave him another, more excusable reason, i.e., I was not feeling well of course.
In a way I was not feeling too well, for it was Monday and I had a great weekend that I never wanted to be over and the heat had got over me. The only thing that could help me recover was great food and great drinks. So the start with I made this refreshing glass full of homemade Minty Ginger ale recipe, that turned to out delicious and the little hint of fresh mint made it a refreshing summer drink.
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 1/2 cup, chopped or grated fresh ginger
- Juice of 1 medium lemon
- Handful of fresh mint leaves, and a few more for serving
- 1 cup crystal sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1 and ½ cup Soda
- A couple of wedges of lime to serve
- Make plain syrup by combining sugar and 1 cup water, simmer for 5 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Boil 2 cups water and add the grated ginger, simmer cook for 5 minutes and remove from the heat. Remove from the heat, stir in the crushed mint leaves, lime juice, cover and allow sitting for 20 minutes and then strain by pressing through a fine strainer. Keep in the freezer until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve mix equal quantity of the ginger mint liquid with soda and the sugar syrup according to taste. Top up with a spring of min and a lime wedge and serve immediately.
Dos and Don’ts:
- Just make sure to add soda right before serving and not in advance.
You may also like: