Mint and Loquat Cooler Recipe:
A refreshing summer drink, we can call it Aam err Loquat Panna or forget names and just chill !
The loquats that I had bought were all used up in a super summer cooler that happened by experiment, but a calculative experiment for that matter. Well, now these loquats were real sour and the moment I bit into it, mini tarts occurred to me first but then I cast it away for only a while ago had made some tangy filling Pineapple tarts , and then my eyes caught a bunch of fresh mints in stock and the real idea sparked. The inspiration actually came from the tangy Aam Panna that’s a favourite summer thirst quencher for us, now since the loquats were equally tangy I was confident that it would blend into an equally delicious drink. So I set out to discover a new summer cooler and what I got was absolutely refreshing new summer drink, eureka!!
No seriously, it was minty , a little tangy, sweet, sour and refreshing, what more do we need on a hot summer afternoon. In fact quite close to an ‘Aam Panna’ but only minus a little extra raw mango tang
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 250 gms ripe Loquats
- A handful of fresh mint leaves (approx 50 gms by weight)
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger juice
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp Black rock salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp roasted cumin pwd
- 3 cups chilled water
- Loads of ice and fresh spring of mint to serve.
- Make cross incisions on the base of each loquat and boil it with little water in a sauce pan until it is soft and its skin starts leaving the pulp. Drain the water and set aside to cool.
- On cooling peel the skin, remove the stone and clean the pit and keep retain the pulp.
- Now blend sugar, salt, mint and loquat pulp together into a smooth paste, and then add the remaining ingredients and pulse once or twise again.
- Keep in the fridge or serve immediately after topping up with ice and a spring of mint. Cheers!!
Dos and Donts:
- Now I am sure you are not looking for anything here, or wait a sec you may strain it once before serving for a finer consistency.
You may also like;