Methi Raita (Fenugreek Yogurt Dip) Recipe:
A fragrant fenugreek falvoured Raita that’s best served with Methi Parthas or any other Paratha.
The methi raita like a marriage made in heaven is the perfect accompaniment to the Methi Parathas, read the recipe here. We inadvertently relish the parthas with this curd raita for otherwise the recipe is incomplete. This raita with its strong fenugreek flavour and roasted spicy aroma is a wonderful side to any Partahas for that matter.
Do try it and I am sure you’d love this Meti Raita that is best served (read compulsary) with our Methi Parathas.
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 400 gms Curd
- A bunch of Sorted fenugreek leaves along with the soft stems (approx 150 gms)
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp black Mustard seeds
- 2 tsp Mustard Oil
- 1 tbsp roasted cumin pwd, plus extra for topping
- ½ tsp roasted red chilli pwd
- ½ tsp Kala Namak (black roack salt)
- Salt to taste
- Clean and chop the fenugreek leaves and keep aside.
- In a small pan heat the mustard oil and add the mustard seeds, garlic, green chillies and let them pop. Add the chopped fenugreek leaves and stir fry till the leaves just turn soft, about a min or two.
- Now beat the curd with the roasted red chilli pwd, cumin pwd, kala namak and salt to taste. Add a little water if the curd is too thick and adjust salt to taste.
- Mix the tempered fenugreek leaves into the curd and stir well. Dress up with a little roasted cumin pwd and serve with the Paratha./li>
Dos and Donts:
- Nothing really, but just don’t fry the fenugreek leave for long, let it just turn a little soft and you are done.