Mango Angel Food Cake Recipe:
Delicious and spongy summer cake treats for all mango lovers!
I love mangoes and so does my husband! Although the season has not begun with full furor, I still wanted to try something unique with mangoes. Since I love baking and having baked confections, I decided to ring in my birthday with this fruit cake. I’d read a couple of days ago about angel food cake and so tried this cake with a twist, which was perfectly brought in by the seasonal fruit.
- 4-5 mangoes pureed, including the amount for garnish,
- 1 and a ½ cup of powdered sugar,
- 4 eggs at room temperature,
- 1, ½ cup of cake flour,
- ½ tsp salt,
- 1 tsp of baking powder,
- ½ tsp of baking soda,
- 1 tsp of mango essence,
- ½ cup milk,
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil,
- ½ tsp of yellow edible food color (optional)
- Take a spring form tin and lightly grease it. Set the oven for pre heating at 18 degree centigrade.
- Sieve the cake flour, baking powder, soda and salt in a separate dry bowl and keep aside.
- Meanwhile mix the powdered sugar, eggs and the food color together in a mixer. Soon after this, whisk in milk, oil and essence, to create that beautiful golden liquid.
- Into this gently fold in the pureed mango pulp, and stir well.
- Immediately mix the liquid into the dried mix of cake flour and other dry ingredients and pour into the angel food cake, spring form tin.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes, until a skewer inserted, comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool and then gently take it off from its mould and place on a cooling rack. Once cool, cut a slice of it and serve well with some dusted icing sugar and some fresh mango puree!
- The birthday cake was a great hit and there were many likes. The cake has subtle hints and aromas of mangoes, so if you are a fan of mangoes and cakes, try this unique combo!
You may also like;