Mango and Quark Mousse with crystallized Ginger Recipe:
A quick chick summer dessert, Quark Cheese and Mango mousse with some crystallized Ginger for topping.
I am back with a recipe after a long, but much desired, break and I am assuming you already know about it if you have read a couple of my travel updates (here) and a few more coming up soon. A break is good and this one wandering through the scenic country side of Sri Lankan Island has left me absolutely rejuvenated but not without a pile of backlogged works. While it will take a little longer to clear the load, I was having an itchy twitchy feeling since yesterday for I hadn’t stirred my spatula for a over a week. So keeping our tradition to start afresh with something sweet I did it sweet with a super easy and super yummy mango dessert that can be whipped in no time.
Read on for a complete recipe for a mango and Quark Mousse that’s absolutely gorgeous this season, refreshing, smooth and perfect texture.
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 200 gm Quark Cheese, try the Impero widely available across stores
- 150 ml thick fresh cream, I used Amul
- 1/4th cup sugar, powdered
- 2 large Ripe Mangoes, preferably Alphanso, cut into small cubes
For the Crystallized Ginger:
- 2 heaped tbsp ginger grated or cut into thin strips
- 1/4th cup sugar
- 1/4th cup water
- Juice of half a lemon
The Crystallized Ginger:
- Boil water and add all other ingredients and cook on low flame for 5 mins. Remove from heat and allow it to rest for 15 minutes.
- Spread the ginger strips on a microwave tray and cook for 5-6 minutes until it turns golden brown and crisp. Let it rest until you prepare the fool (the leftover ginger sugar syrup can be used for your favourite cup of tea).
Mango and Quark Cheese Mousse:
- In a large bowl beat together the quark cheese, cream and powdered sugar until firm like the consistency of a mousse. It would take about 15-20 minutes if done manually and just 10 mins when done with a hand held electric whip.
- Now divide the cut mangoes into 8 parts and line the base of each serving glass with one part mangoes, follow up with the mousse divided into four equal parts with a big spoon.
- Finally top up with the remaining mangoes and crystallized ginger and allow to set in the fridge for a few hrs or you may even serve immediately.
Dos and Don’ts:
- You may use any sweet seasonal fruit on it s own or some poached tangy fruits.
- Add some dry fruits as topping in place of crystallized Ginger.
You may also like: