Recharge with a Punch of Freshness:
A busy day at work and lack of sleep the night before left me absolutely exhausted by the time I was home today. Oh, the lack of sleep was purely an upshot of the late night show of Vicky Donor yesterday. I totally enjoyed the movie right through the end; thanks to the script writer for giving us a new storyline in a comedy after ages. Annu Kapoor (the doc) was too good but he is a seasoned actor anyway, what impressed me more were the new actors Ayushmann and Yami Gautam, both acted like a pro and were very natural on screen. And I dare not forget Vicky’s true Delhi-Punjabi Mom & the cool Biji, they were both cute in their own ways and I loved the characters (especially when the saas-bahu duo sit together for their drinks at night 😉 .
Well for now i must try and find ways to recharge myself. What I really needed was a punch of absolute freshness. A quick shower followed by a fresh crunchy Salad and Lemon and fresh mint cooler was just what did the trick for me.
So, here’s my refreshing treat for the day – Pasta (Macaroni), cottage cheese (Paneer) & Bell pepper Salad and Fresh Mint & Lime cooler.
Macaroni (Pasta)and Cottage Cheese (Paneer) Salad Recipe:
- 1 cup of Boiled Macaroni
- 1/2 cups of finely chopped Red & yellow Bell peppers
- ¼ cups of finely chopped Spring Onions
- 2 bulbs of burnt & crushed Garlic
- Fresh Salad leaves (lettuce)
For Croutons (the crunch):
- 100 gms Cottage Cheese (Paneer)—Cut to small cubes
- 1 slice of herbed bread – cut to small cubes
- A dollop of Butter
- Salt & Oregano
For the Dressing:
- Extra virgin Olive oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Dry Oregano & Parsley
- Salt & Pepper
- Egg less Mayonnaise
- Boil the macaroni with some salt & a few Drops of oil in the water. Strain and keep aside.
- To a hot frying pan add a dollop of butter. Sauté the cut bread & cottage cheese (paneer) till its golden on both sides. Then sprinkle some salt & oregano stir well and turn off the stove./li>
Mixing the Salad:
- In a large Salad mixing bowl add macaroni, bell-peppers, spring onions and mix well.
- Add in few drops of balsamic vinegar (about a tablespoon full), salt, pepper, crushed garlic and a dollop of mayonnaise; give the mixture a generous stir.
- Top it up with the bread & cottage cheese croutons, a few drops of extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle of dry parsley & oregano and Give gentle stir.
- In the serving bowl spread some salad leaves and fill it up with the salad and serve fresh.