Lamb Chops with Cauliflower and Broccoli Bake, and Potato Wedges Recipe:
A perfect meal plan for a Sunday Brunch or Saturday Dinner.
This meal is a favorite with my family. In South Africa, we consume meat with almost every main meal of the day. Because Lamb is quite a fatty meat, it is not something we eat often, and I prefer to grill the chops to get rid of the excess fat.
Ingredients(Serves 4 people):
- 4 Lamb Chops (1 or 2 per guest depending on the size of the chop)
- Rosemary Herbs
- 1 Small head of Cauliflower
- 1 Small head of Broccoli
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter
- 1 Tablespoon of Flour
- 2 Cups of Milk
- Cheddar Cheese
- Paprika Spice
- pproximately 4 Potatoes cut into thick wedges
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Cajun Spices (or any tangy spice)
- Start off by cutting the potatoes into wedges.
- Place them onto a roasting pan, and sprinkle with olive oil, sea salt and spices. Place into a hot oven, for 1 to 2 hours, or until the wedges are crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. Remember to shake the pan occasionally to crisp them evenly.
Cauliflower and Broccoli Bake:
- While the potato wedges are baking, boil or steam the broccoli and cauliflower until cooked, but still slightly crisp.
- Make a cheese sauce: Melt the butter, stir in the flour until it forms a paste.
- Add the milk, and continue stirring until the sauce thickens. Grate the cheese and add into the sauce, stirring until melted. Season with salt and pepper. I normally also add a dash of nutmeg spice a swell to give it a warm flavour.
- Place the drained cauliflower and broccoli into an ovenproof dish, and stir in the cheese sauce being careful not to make the mixture mushy. Top with grated cheese, breadcrumbs and a sprinkling of paprika.
- Finally place the lamb chops onto a baking tray. Sprinkle with olive oil, sea salt and rosemary herbs
- Grill the lamb chops in the oven until at desired liking. If you like your meat to be medium/rare, then about 3-4 minutes per side should be sufficient(please note this is a guideline only, and is very dependent on your oven, and the thickness of the meat).
- For medium/well done, work on approximately 5-7 minutes per side, and for well done, I would average on 8-10 minutes per side. Be careful not to overcook. Finally assemble the lamb chops, vegetable bake and potato wedges together on a plate.