Junnu (Andhra style Milk Pudding) Recipe:
A favorite Andhra sweet made with colostrums Milk that one can never resist.
It has a very exceptional and delightful flavor and is traditionally made from lactating milk. It is very nutritious and wholesome as the milk is fully loaded with antibodies and immune factors. Colostrums’ is pre milk liquid that is produced by female mammals just after delivery to boost up newborn’s immune system. This unique super-food was designed by nature to help the newborn grow physically powerful and in the pink. Using this milk in medicines dates back thousands of years back when most of the Ayurvedic physicians have used it for both therapeutic and sacred purposes.
Get ready to do this recipe and take pleasure in tasting this traditional Andhra sweet delicacy.
Ingredients (Serves 5-6):
- 1 ltr Colostrum milk
- ½ ltr Whole milk
- ½ kg Jaggery (approx)
- 2 tbsp Black pepper powder
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1/2 cup water
- Make jaggery syrup by adding ½ cup water and boil. Stir continuously till it changes to liquid form.
- Strain colostrum milk in a strainer and mix whole milk if you are using first day colostrum milk.
- Now strain the diluted jaggery and add cardamom powder and black pepper powder.
- Steam it in the cooker placing the weight for 10 minutes or for 2 whistles. If you are making the dish without using cooker, steam it for 30 minutes on low flame.
- Insert a spoon to know if it is cooked. Allow to cool then slice and serve./li>