Honey Chilli Potatoes Recipe:
Crispy honey chilli potato wedges to feed the foggy winter cravings.
I’d rathar have it snow than waking to these foggy, gloomy winter mornings here in Delhi. I love winters but I say give me Sunshine or even better some snowfall, white feathery beautiful mornings and I’ll crib no more. Thank god I have my kitchen that can make some delicious mood-lifting food, like this honey chilli potatoes recipe that simply restored our spirits today .
I still wish I had a magic wand though, so I could make it snow anyway and enjoy the honey chilli potatoes with a cuppa hot chocolate perched on my window overlooking into a feather soft expanse.
Ingredients (Serves 2-3):
- 4 large potatoes cut to thick wedges or thick French fries
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp red chilli sauce(tabasco or the dabur capsico is good)
- ½ tsp red chilli pwd
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- Oil to deep fry
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp toasted Sesame seed
For the honey chilli sauce:
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp hot chilli flakes
- 1 spring onion, chopped along with the greens.
- 4-5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Soak potato wedges in water with salt and leave on for 15-20 mins. Drain the potatoes and keep aside. Heat enough oil in a wok to deep fry.
- Mix 2 tbsp corn flour, 1 tsp tomato ketchup, 1 tsp red chilli sauce, ½ tsp chilli pwd, 1 tsp garlic paste, a little salt to taste and coat the drained potatoes in the mixture.
- Add the potatoes to the hot oil and deep fry until golden brown and crisp. Drain out onto a kitchen tissue roll.
- While the potatoes fry (or quickly after draining the potato wedges), place a small frying pan on the other stove and heat the oil. Fry the onion bulb and garlic until golden, then add the chilli flakes. Then just stir in honey, vinegar, tomato sauce, turn off the heat and dress with salt.
- Quickly toss the crispy fried potato wedges with the honey chilli sauce, spoon out onto the serving dish, garnish with spring onion green and toasted sesame and serve immediately.
Dos and Don’ts:
- You may even bake the wedges instead of deep frying for a healthier version, just remove the cornflour and toss the potatoes in the remaining ingredients. Spread on a baking tray and bake at 220OC for 30-40 mins until golden and crisp.