Herbed Salmon and Pasta Salad with Sweetcorn Fritters Recipe:
A healthy bowl of Salad with crunchy Sweetcorn Fritters.
A lovely healthy and light meal, which is also great for left overs the next day. I find it simple to prepare, and like to accompany the salad with sweetcorn fritters.
This is also an excellent recipe for all weight-watchers, however do skip on fritters if you really need to keep a check on weight gain.
- 2 Cups of Small uncooked Pasta Shells
- 1 Tin of Pink Salmon, or Fresh Cooked Salmon is always better.
- 4 Tablespoons / 60ml Cooking Oil
- 1 Tablespoon / 15ml White Vinegar
- 1 tsp of fresh mixed herbs or dried mixed herbs if unavailable
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Fresh Lettuce Leaves
- Half a Cucumber
- Small Cherry or Rosa Tomatoes
- Sliced Avocado
For Sweetcorn Fritters:
- 1 small tin of creamed sweetcorn
- 1 cup of self raising flour
- 1 large egg
- Salt and Pepper
- Dash of Cayenne Pepper
- Oil for frying
- Boil the water for the pasta, and add in all the pasta when the water is boiling rapidly. Cook the pasta until soft, but not soggy. Drain the pasta under cold water.
- Then add the oil and vinegar into a measuring jug.
- Add in your fresh herbs. I used a mixture of dried mixed herbs, and fresh oregano and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add some of the oil mixture over the pasta in the colander, to prevent it from sticking together, while you are preparing the salads.
- Cut up the lettuce, and place it at the bottom of a large bowl, or alternatively line small individual salad bowls with a lettuce leaf.
- Place the pasta salad over the lettuce, and then decorate the rest of the salad with the cucumber and tomatoes.
- Place the salad in the refrigerator to chill, while you prepare the sweetcorn fritters.
Sweet Corn Fritters:
- Mix the Sweetcorn, Flour, Eggs and Spices into a mixing bowl. Stir until nicely mixed. If the mixture is too stiff, add an extra egg.
- Once mixed, heat some oil in a frying pan. Fry the fritters in blobs – turn them over when the fritters start to bubble. Fry until golden brown.
- Place the fritters onto paper towel once fried to absorb the additional oil. Arrange the fritters and salad on a plate and serve.