Green Mango Sorbet Recipe:
A sweet and tangy green mango and jaggery sorbet for this summers.
With the arrival of summers in South India one can see raw mangoes all around the place. This being the first summer of my family in Hyderabad after relocating from Bangalore, i’m over-preparing myself to beat the heat. I bought a couple of raw mangoes for making one of the famous thirst busters and coolants of Summers Aam Panha- “A drink made from raw mangoes” but suddenly i recalled that i have placed my ice-cream maker bowl in freezer for around a week and an idea stuck “Let’s try out some sorbet hmmm……might be with raw mango pulp!!”. And the implementation started and the outcome was simply YUM!!
- 2 medium sized raw mangoes
- 1 cup of Jaggery
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tsp of sugar
- 3-4 pods of Cardamom (grounded to powder)
- Few Mint leaves for decoration
- Take a heavy bottomed pan with water, sugar, Jaggery & cardamom powder.
- Boil raw mangoes. Peel them and take out the pulp. My pulp was yellowish as one of the raw mango was slightly ripe else it will be light green in color.
- Grind them to fine paste.
- Now mix the raw mango mixture with jaggery mixture.
- Keep it in refrigerator for 4 hours to make a thick paste. Boil it till the Jaggery mixes well into water. Let it cool for 30 min.
- After 4 hours set up your ice cream maker, pour your thick, cooled sorbet mixture in it till it sets.
- Now pour it into salt lined glasses, decorate with mint leaves and serve.
- Enjoy the amazing sweet and sour sorbet….mmmmm Yummy!!!
You may also like;