Fresh Lemon and Mint Drink Recipe:
Ingredients (Serves 1 glass):
- 5-10 fresh mint leaves
- 1 ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1-2 tablespoon sugar syrup
- A round slice of lemon and a round slice of Orange (I’ve used beautiful Naval orange)
- Cold water & ice
- Crush about 4-5 leaves of fresh mint (i am using medium sized leaves, you may have to adjust quantity )
- Take a large tumbler, place 4-5 mint leaves at the bottom of the glass, top it up with loads of ice cubes (about 5-6).
- Pour in the lemon juice, honey & sugar syrup and give it a quick but gentle stir.
- Then slowly pour water through the wall of the tumbler, tilting it a bit.
- Line the rim of the tumbler with a slice of round orange or lemon and a few mint leaves and enjoy the freshness.
Dos & Don’ts:
- Replace the lemon & sugar with two tablespoon of lemon squash (if you don’t mind the preservative).
- Add some ginger juice if you like it.
- Do not use sugar crystals, if at all you may then let it first dissolve well in a separate tumbler full of water and use the same at the end.
- Do not stir too hard for it would bring all the mint leaves on the top of the drink and you may not enjoy it in your mouth with every sip.
You may also like;