Fenugreek Corn Pulav Recipe:
A perfect healthy and delicious Sunday Brunch recipe, Methi aur Makkai ka Pulav.
Often Sunday afternoons are the laziest for my family. So rather than slaving over at stove i often try out recipes which are easy, quick, healthy and right and most important is a delicious dose of something out of the ordinary!
This Methi Corn Pulao recipe is quiet easy and satisfactory for your taste buds. The ingredients go amazingly well with each other. The bitterness of Fenugreek leaves & the sweetness of corn make this dish perfect.
- 1 cup of rice- Basmati / Long grain / Sona Masoori
- 1 cup of fresh Fenugreek leaves washed, drained and chopped nicely
- 3/4 cup of Sweet Corn
- 200 gms of Panner / Tofu
- 1 big Onion sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup of Capsicum (any colour Green / Red / Yellow) sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- 1tsp of Jeera
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 5-6 whole Black Peppercorns
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp juice of lemon (optional)
- Take oil in a wok, once hot add Jeera, Bay leaves, Black Pepper corns, Fennel seeds and sauté them well tell nice aroma starts coming.
- Now add sliced onions and sauté them till pink and transparent.
- Now add ginger and garlic paste and mix it well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add capsicum and mix it well.
- Now add sweet Corn, finely chopped Methi Leaves and Paneer or Tofu and let it cook for 3 minutes.
- Add pre-soaked rice and mix it well.
- Take a pressure cooker on the gas burner and transfer all the contents from the wok to the pressure cooker.
- Add 2 cups of water, mix well. Close the lid (fitted with rubber gasket) till it locks firmly along with the metallic valve or weight. Let it whistle twice, switch off the gas burner and let it stand for 10-15 minutes till all pressure is released.
- Open the lid for a yummy treat. Garnish with baby tomatoes and mint leaves. Serve hot with curd or raita. Enjoy!!
You may also like;