Creamy Egg Curry Recipe:
A creamy, tangy Egg curry that’s made in a jiffy and absolutely delicious to eat.
Egg curry is almost a staple food in my household and especially because he loves it I cook it very often. While the traditional spicy hot egg curry is a favourite during winters, this creamy curry with eggs is just perfect for a summer meal. It has a tangy soft texture that is light on the stomach and hence a perfect option for this season.
Today my house helps, both the cleaner and the cook called it off without any information and had their cell phones turned off. While I don’t mind them taking off but lack of information is frustrating, for first you keep waiting for them and by the time you give up it is really late and your stomach starts making wired sounds. So, I needed a quick fix for my starving stomach and hence decided to make this recipe that took me less than half an hour to cook along with toasting the bread, another 10 minutes to click the pictures and even less to gulp it down in big bites.
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 4 eggs, hard boiled
- 4 med tomatoes or ½ cup tomato puree
- 1/4th cup fresh cream
- 2 hot green chillies
- 2 medium spring onions, finely chopped along with the greens
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of grated ginger strands
- ½ tsp paprika pwd (reduce quantity if using a hot variety)
- ½ tsp pepper pwd
- 1 tsp dried oregano or thyme
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- Set the eggs to hard boil and while it boils chop the vegetables.
- Incase not using tomato puree, make a cross-incision on one end of the tomatoes, remove the pits, add the green chilli and boil it with a quarter cup of water until the tomatoes are soft and the skin leaves the pulp. You may cook it either in saucepan or in the microwave. Once done, discard the skin and let it cook for a while, then make the remaining into a smooth puree
- Peel the skin off the eggs and prick hem with a fork or a sharp knife, heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok or pan and just sauté the eggs for a minute till they are golden pink. Strain out and keep aside.
- In the same wok add a tbsp of butter, the chopped red onions and the spring onions saving half the greens for garnish, sauté for a min till it turns pink. Then add garlic followed by ginger and fry till they are golden.
- Then add the pureed tomatoes, paprika pwd and let it cover cook for 3-4 minutes on low flame, if using ready made puree add ½ cup water and cook. In the meanwhile cut the eggs into two halves lengthwise.
- Finally stir in the cream, dress with salt to taste and add pepper pwd. If it is too thick just add a little warm water and bring it to a boil. Gently drop in the eggs and cover cook on low flame for only a minute. Remove from heat, garnish with the saved spring onions and serve hot with toasted garlic bread or garlic Nan or Parathas.
Dos and Don’ts:
- Well it is pretty simple to make and I am out of advises here. Just do not cook eggs for long or if not serving immediately keep the fried eggs separately and just add five minutes before serving.
You may also like;