Creamy Chicken and Spaghetti Bake Recipe:
A delicious creamy spaghetti with chunks of chicken, a perfect meal to serve your guests.
This meal is a firm favorite amongst my family, and one that I have often served successfully to guests. It can be prepared beforehand, and then heated and grilled just before serving too.
- 280g / 10oz spaghetti
- 2 Tbsp of butter
- 150g of mushrooms
- 2 stalks of celery
- 3 large spring onions, or 6 smaller ones
- 4 Tbsp / 60ml flour
- 1 cup / 250ml chicken stock
- 1 cup / 250ml cream
- 500g / 3 cups of diced chicken
- Lemon Juice
- Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- Sprinkling of Flaked Almonds.
- Start off by cooking the spaghetti until soft. Strain and add a couple of drops of oil and keep aside.
Dice up the Celery, Mushrooms and Spring Onions.
- Melt the butter in a large pan, and gently cook the mushrooms, celery and spring onions together until softened.
- Add the flour to the mixture, and then add the chicken stock until the mixture has thickened. Be careful to continue mixing so that no lumps form.
- Add the cream and allow mixture to thicken before adding in the chicken.
- Cube the chicken, and cook with butter and lemon juice. Be careful not to overcook.
Once cooked, add the chicken to the mixture above. Add in the cooked spaghetti, and mix together in a baking dish.
- Finally, top the mixture with the Parmesan and almonds.
Bake the mixture in a covered (or use foil to cover up) baking dish at 180° for 30 minutes.
Then remove the cover and grill for a few minutes, so that the top browns nicely
This dish is shown served here with homemade Garlic Bread, but can also be accompanied by a fresh green salad.