Cold Cucumber Soup Recipe:
A healthy no-sweet summer drink, for a conscious dieter.
Cold soups are an interesting variation done on the traditional soups, where the temperature of the soups kept cold while serving. These are perfect accompaniments for the summer season as many people feel that the soups are well enjoyed only in the cold weather because of the reason that they are served hot.
Try out this interesting recipe inspired from the Spanish variant of cold soups known as Gazpacho which is perfect for Indian summers.
- Cucumber – 2 medium sized + a small portion for decoration
- Dill leaves- 3-4 bunces, divided into half + few for decoration
- Roasted Almonds- 6-8 pieces
- Roasted cumin powder- ½ tsp
- Ginger pieces– ¼ tsp
- Garlic Powder- ¼ tsp
- Thick Curd- 2 tbsp
- Lemon Juice- ½ tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Olive oil for garnish
- Peel cucumber and cut into small sizes.
- Grind together Cucumber, half portion of dill leaves, ginger, garlic powder, cumin powder, lemon juice, almonds along with water to form thick paste.
- Sieve it through a strainer. Now take a teaspoon of the residue left after straining and mix it with the strained liquid.
- Take curd and churn it well to remove any lumps. Mix half of the cord with the strained liquid of soup.
- Now grind the remaining half portion of dill leaves with left over curd. Run the mixture for just 5 seconds. This will form a nice green coloured mixture.
- Mix this green mixture with the soup mixture. This will give a nice green color to the soup. Chill the soup in the refrigerator.
- Serve it chilled with few drops of olive oil. Garnish it with few Cucumber pieces and dill leaves. Enjoy!!
You may also like;