Chutney Chicken with Moroccan Couscous Recipe:
A really tasty dish, full of complimentary flavours. Although I used a very popular South African brand chutney, this can quite easily be substituted with a homemade variety of chutney.
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 4 Chicken Thighs
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) olive oil
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) Dijon mustard
- 1tsp (5ml) mustard powder
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- ¼ cup (60ml) chutney
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) Worcestershire sauce
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 Cup Moroccan Couscous
- Firstly, start by mixing together the chutney basting.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Place the uncooked chicken onto a foil lined baking sheet.
- Cut slits into the chicken, and then baste the chicken with the chutney mixture, on both sides – reserving some of the mixture for later.
- Once completely coated, place the baking sheet into the oven at 180°.
- Bake for 6 – 8 minutes per side, adding the additional mixture while cooking.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the couscous, and any additional vegetables that you want to serve with the meal.
- Serve the chicken on top of a bed of couscous.
- I served the chicken and couscous with grilled baby potatoes, and a medley of vegetables.