Chocolate Truffles Recipe:
Feel the dark, intense burst of chocolate in your mouth as you pop in these irresistible little fancies.
Yet another chocolaty entry from my end, well can’t resist my rendezvous with chocolates!!This one is easy and always wins lots of accolades.
Chocolate truffle basically derived its name from its look which is similar to that of a real truffle fungus which grows around the roots of trees. Traditionally, it is dusted with cocoa powder which resembles the layer of dust found on real truffles. But there are loads of variations to the authentic recipe we can add in number of flavorings and also coat them with anything of our choice from castor sugar to dry fruits. So let’s indulge in this super tasty and chocolaty recipe.
Ingredients (makes 25 lemon sized truffles):
- Dark Chocolate Slab- 250 gms
- Heavy whipping Cream/ double cream- ½ cup
- Butter- 2 tbsp
- Normal Flavouring/ Alcohol (rum, brandy, cognac, etc) – 2 tbsp (I used mint)
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Decorative pearls
- Turn on the burner on low flame and place cream in a deep pan with butter in it. Place it till the butter melts and also you start seeing bubbles at the sides of the cream.
- Now pour this cream mixture into chocolate pieces and mix well until the chocolate is all melted. If still you see few lumps of chocolate than keep it on double boiler for few minutes (double boiler: place a pan filled with water on gas burner and when the water starts boiling place the chocolate container on it. This way we are avoiding the direct contact of chocolate with heat as it burns easily.)
- After the chocolate is melted add flavouring of your choice. You can also substitute with rum or any other alcohol.
- Now keep this in refrigerator for 6-10 hours or 1 day also.
- Now you will see that the chocolate is all set. Take a small fruits scoop, a normal spoon or your hand to take out some mixture and give it a round shape like a ball or any other desired shape. If it is too sticky then put some olive oil on your hands and then roll out.
- Once the chocolate ball is formed coat it with cocoa powder, dry coconut flakes, decorative pearls, caster sugar, dry fruits or any other coating of your choice.
- Keep these chocolate truffles in refrigerator to set. You can store them in refrigerator for few weeks in an air tight container. But I bet you won’t be able to store them for a longer time!
You may Also like;