Chocolate Rum Balls Recipe:
Delicious chocolate rum balls made out of my leftover Whole Wheat Chocolate Cake.
I love the gooey, moist chocolate and coconut flavored rum balls. Although, many people claim it to be excessively sweet, I find it absolutely scrumptious. I guess, I can handle sweetness, in every proportion!
Since it’s difficult to find a good quality rum ball in the area where I live, I thought of making it on my own. I will say, I was not disappointed at all!
- 2-3 cups of chocolate cake crumbs,
- ¾ cup of desiccated coconut,
- ¼ cup of rum,
- ¼ cup chopped raisins and cashew nuts,
- ¼ cup or 60 ml of condensed milk,
- Sugar and chocolate sprinkles for coating (optional)
- First begin with combining the chopped raisins and nuts with the mentioned amount of rum. It’s always better to slightly heat the alcohol. This makes the raisins absorb the rum well!
- Next add the desiccated coconut and stir well. This should be followed by the addition of cake crumbs.
- Now add the condensed milk and mix in. The mixture will be quite wet, but not liquid! Let it stand for a few minutes.
- Take a foiled pan and keep aside for placing the balls. Simultaneously, place a few muffin wrappers onto a separate plate, for the finale.
- Roll out balls from the moist mixture and place them onto the foiled pan.
- On another plate, spread some chocolate and sugar sprinkles and roll each ball into the sprinkles, of your choice.
- Place each sugar or chocolate sprinkle coated rum ball into the muffin liner. The finale will definitely look inviting from every angle!
You may also like;