Chocolate Orange Cupcakes Recipe:
Sinful Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate cream icing and an Orangy twist.
Chocolate obviously is the first love of many. Eating a chocolate cake, dark chocolate brownie with loads of chocolate sauce, chocolate ice-cream or even a simple chocolate bar… wow isn’t it mouth-watering?? The thought itself is so mesmerizing that I grabbed a bowl of chocolate ice-cream while writing this post!!
There are perhaps lots of chocolate cupcake recipes but this is the first time I’m trying something which is egg less ! I crossed my fingers while putting them in oven and the result was amazingly moist and soft cupcakes. This recipe is dedicated to all who love chocolates. Also, it comes with a little orangy surprise which hits you when you take your first bite. Try out this recipe, I’m sure you gonna love it.
Ingredients (Makes 6 Cupcakes):
- All purpose flour- 1+1/2 cups
- Cocoa Powder- 1/3 cup
- Orange Juice- 1 cup
- Sugar- 1 cup (granulated)
- Baking Powder- 1 tsp
- Oil- ½ cup
- Orange flavouring- 1 tsp
- Orange rind- ½ tsp
- Full cream- 1cup
- Icing Sugar- 4 tbsp
- Cocoa powder- 2 tbsp (unsweetened)
- Orange Flavouring- ½ tsp
- Few decorative pearls
- Preheat the oven to 180OCC.
- Apply butter on cupcake moulds
- For Dry Mixture: Mix the flour, Baking Powder and Cocoa powder and sieve them to remove any lumps.
- For Wet Mixture: Take orange juice and sugar, mix it well till the sugar gets mixed. Now add Oil and mix it well.
- Mixing Dry and Wet Mixture: Now add the dry mixture into wet mixture spoon by spoon until it’s finished taking care that no lumps are formed. Now add Orange flavoring and orange rind and mix well.
- Now pour the mixture into moulds and put it in preheated oven for 20 minutes at 180OC.
- Keep a steel container and steel whisk in freezer for 20 minutes. After that take cream and whisk it well with a whisk in circular moments. In 2-3 minutes you will see froth formation at the sides.
- Now add sugar and start whisking again. In few minutes the cream will start thickening and will start coating the whisk this is the stage when soft peaks have started forming.
- Whisk the soft peaks more till you see the mixture starts retaining a better shape. Add Cocoa powder and mix well with very light hands. Mix orange flavoring also at this stage.
- Now fill it up in a zip-lock pack and cut one end to pipe it through or in an icing maker and put it on your cupcakes generously. You can also add few decorative pearls.
You may also like;