Chocolate and Wine Soaked Cherry Mousse Shots Recipe:
A Chocolate Mousse with Cherries and the finest White Wine, that’s a perfect celebration recipe.
A relaxed weekend at my Mom’s and 50k likes on our Facebook page had me revived and motivated respectively to take on bigger plunge. Keeping pace with my indulgent mood I decided to make a close to heart recipe that uses one of my season’s favourite fruit ‘the Cherry’. These fruits are perhaps the only reason why I can’t say that I hate summers even as the sun continues to cast its vengeance upon us. Cherries and Chocolates and the finest White Wine, don’t they already sound a perfect celebration combination.
These tiny delicious Chocolate Mousse pots topped with boozy cherries were an awesome tongue tickler and equally delightful to look at. I can serve it for my next party and win some accolades and praises is what ran through my mind when I popped in a spoonful, try it yourself and do share the ideas that you get.
Ingredients (Makes 6-8 shot glass full):
- 120 gm Dark Chocolate (I used 40 % Cadburys Bournaville )
- 2 eggs, separated
- 100 ml plus 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 12-16 cherries with stalks
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/2 tsp castor sugar or any other fine sugar
For the Wine Soaked Cherry:
- 1/4th cup good White Wine
- Approx 20 pitted cherries
- 1/4th cup granulated Sugar
- Juice of ½ lemon, approx 2 tbsp
For the Wine Soaked Cherry reduction:
- Add wine and sugar in a saucepan and bring it to a boil on a medium heat. Then add lemon juice and the pitted cherries and cook on low heat for about 10 minutes till it is reduced to a little thick sticky consistency. Set aside to cool.
- Melt chocolate using the double boiler mechanism (placing a heatproof pan over a pot of simmering water). Then remove and allow cooling a little.
- Beat the egg yolks and add to the melted chocolate, put it back on over the simmering water pot. Continuously stirring the mixture, add 3 tbsp cream and half 3/4th wine soaked cherry reduction. Cook for only 2-3 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Whip the egg yolks until firm and then fold it into the cooled chocolate mixture. Spoon into 6-8 (I made 7) shot glasses and keep in the fridge to chill for a 3-4 hours or overnight. Also keep the remaining Wine soaked Cherries in the fridge.
- When ready to serve, whip the remaining cream with vanilla extract and castor sugar until it forms soft peaks.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream on the top of Mousse, then pour a spoonful of cherry wine reduction and finally push 1-2 cherries with stalks on the top and just go INDULGE.
Dos and Don’ts:
- Do not mix the chocolate and egg whites too much, just gently fold together.
- You may use a red wine as well if you prefer so.
You may also like;