Chili Soya Nuggets Recipe:
A desi take on Chinese Cooking, Soya Chili Nuggets, a delightful quick bite.
Being a non-vegetarian and a Chinese cuisine lover, I always end up eating the indianized version of fried rice and chili chicken when out. However, when at home, I try to recreate the magic with soya nuggets. I must say it’s a great twist for the vegetarians and tastes as great as the chicken.
Ingredients (Serves 2-3):
- 150-200 grams of soya nuggets, soaked in boiling hot water and strained,
- 2 small onions, finely chopped,
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped,
- 6-7 cloves of garlic, finely chopped,
- 1 large capsicum, finely chopped,
- 2 tsp of soya sauce,
- 2-3 tsp of green chili sauce,
- 2 tsp corn flour, diluted in half cup water,
- 1 egg,
- 1 tsp of chili vinegar,
- Salt to taste,
- 2 tsp of black pepper
- Begin the first step by marinating the cooked soya nuggets, with a tsp corn flour, eggs, 1 tsp soya sauce, 1 tsp of green chili sauce, half tsp of vinegar and salt. Leave the marinade for half an hour.
- Take a kadai and pour some oil. Once hot, fry the soya nuggets till lightly crisp. Strain the excess oil and keep it aside on an absorbent paper towel.
- Now take some more oil in the kadai and toss in the chopped garlic and chilies. Fry till light brown and add the chopped onions.
- Fry them well, until light brown and then add the chopped capsicum, to only fry on high flame, for another minute or two.
- Add the remaining sauces, including the rest of the corn flour, which has been diluted in water. Let the gravy simmer for a few minutes, before tossing in the fried nuggets.
- Serve it with either rice or rotis. They go great with both!
You may also like;