Homemade Chicken Stock Recipe:
Chicken stock is an easy find at most super market in Delhi these days; however I prefer preparing it at home myself. I try to use homemade stuff as far as possible for the reasons of health. It’s not that I don’t use packaged food but just I try and avoid it as far as practicable. So I thought of sharing my quick & easy recipe for preparing chicken stock that can be stored in the fridge and used for about 10 days.
Ingredients (4 medium-thick cups):
- 250 gms Chicken uncooked leftover pieces, shredded
- 2- 3 medium size shallots, chopped with greens included
- 1 teaspoon of cooking oil (I use pomace olive oil)
- ½ tablespoon crushed black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry parsley (or any other herb of your choice for flavor)
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in the pressure cooker, add the shallots and fry for only a minute
- Add black pepper, salt to taste, and parsley followed by the shredded chicken leftover pieces.
- Stir and pour in 5 cups of water and pressure cook on medium flame for 20 minutes.
- Release the steam, open the lid and let it simmer cook till the liquid is thickened and reduced to the required consistency
- Strain and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Once cooled store in a glass container in the refrigerator. Use as and when required for your chicken gravies and soup within next 10 days. Alternatively, use it as an ingredient for my Spicy Chicken Thupka with Homemade Whole-wheat Flat Egg Noodles.
Dos & Don’ts
No tips for this easy & quick recipe except that it can be reduced over on a skillet instead of using pressure cooker. You will have to simmer cook it on low flame for about an hour, stirring occasionally to avoid the froth from spilling over.