Chicken Liver Masala Recipe:
A deliciously spicy dry Chicken liver masala dish for snacking.
A very popular dish especially during the rainy seasons in my household is chicken liver masala. Dry Liver masala can be served as starters and Liver with gravy can be served as a regular main course dish with Roti/Naan/ Bread. Preferably use Olive oil if you are health conscious as the paste of fried coconut and onion has lot of natural calories so this dish is a definite weight gainer if eaten in excess quantity.
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 200 gms Fresh Chicken Liver
- 5-6 Garlic cloves (chopped)
- 5-6 curry Leaves (chopped)
- 4 Tablespoon paste of fried Onions and coconut
- 2 Large onions (chopped)
- 2 tablespoon Tomato Puree
- 1 Tablespoon Chicken Masala
- 2 Teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- Salt as per taste
- Olive Oil as per need
- Lime juice as per taste
- Take Oil in a Wok or large Pan.Add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Add finely chopped garlic and curry leaves. The add Onions and stir fry till translucent.
- Add the Fried onion & Coconut paste and stir well till they blend well.
- Add Turmeric powder, Salt, Red chili powder and stir fry for a min. Then add tomato puree and fry till oil is released and turns brown.
- Add entire Chicken Liver, half a glass of water (100-150 ml) and add the chicken masala (I prefer Majithia). Stir well once and cover and keep on low flame to simmer for 10 mins.
- Remove lid and stir again to check and adjust the thickness of the gravy as per need.
- Garnish with chili and serve with some Onion and Lime rings.
- For best result cook this dish and serve after 6 hours or overnight, so that the liver absorbs all the oil and masala flavor. You may add extra curry leaves if you don’t like the odour/taste of fresh cooked Liver.
You may also like;