Chicken Burger Recipe:
An arrangement of the classic chicken patty burger loaded with mayonnaise and cheese
Burgers, Oh my Gosh!!! Sinful, I know but then, ummm I have no explanation I am afraid. A burger’s a bugger-of-a-craving you just can’t ignore , wait a second if you’re already forming an opinion about my tummy tantrums let me tell you it was his tummy that went cranky this lazy afternoon. How do you answer that call when you don’t want to drive all the way to the favourite Mc Donald’s or KFC , and no prizes for guessing that one, make it yourself simple. Here’s the easy and quick take on a homemade chicken burger. Easy indeed with all the fresh done ingredients except the ready to eat Venky’s chicken patties, the Mayonaise, the burger buns were from the market, how audacious, wink wink and then smile-smile. I was feeling too lazy to defrost and then debone the chicken that was stocked in the freezer and craving need an immediate answer for otherwise I would have sure done my patties myself. Excuses, excuses, excuses and lazy lazy me.
Ingredients (makes 2 burgers):
- 2 chicken burger patty
- 2 burger bun (I like the English bun with sesame)
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin rings
- 4 thin medium round slices of tomatoes
- 2-3 lettuce leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Butter (we use the salted ones here usually)
- Fry the burger patties as instructed on the packet, I suggest just shallow fry for 6-7 minutes till golden brown and crisp on both sides.
- Cut each burger bun and generously slather the inner sides with butter and place the base side on your work surface.
- Start with lettuce and place it over the buttered bun base, then chicken patty, few onion rings, tomatoes in that order.
- Then sprinkle a little salt and pepper; top up with a whole load of mayonnaise and a cheese slice.
- Finally cover up with the other half of the bun and enjoy the bun with tomato and mustard sauce.
Dos and Don’ts:
I have none to offer actually; don’t think it can get any simple.