Breakfast Oats with Apple Recipe:
Healthy and delicious Breakfast oats with apples along with added flavors of almonds and cardamom.
If you have a stock of oats in your kitchen, don’t think oatmeal is your only option. When oats are cooked in almond milk and combined with apples they make an innovative, exclusive, and easy to love dessert. It is a delicious way to pep up your regular oat and i absolutely loved this breakfast oats with apple recipe!! It reminded me of the prasadam in one of our Andhra temples.
- 2 Apples, grated
- 4 cups Milk
- 1 tsp Almond powder (try MTR Badam Drink mix)
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1 cup white Oats
- 2 Green Cardamoms, peeled and crushed
- ¼ cup Dry fruits (Almonds, Pistachio, Raisins)
For the Sugar Syrup:
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Water
- 2 Green cardamoms
- 2 drops Rose essence
- For the sugar syrup, put sugar, water and cardamoms in a kadai. Bring to boil. Simmer on low heat for 2-3 minutes. Add rose essence and mix well.
- To the syrup, add grated apples. Cook for 3-4 mins until thick.
- For badam milk, boil milk with badam powder in a clean kadai. Add sugar and simmer for 5 minutes. Add Oats and cook on low heat till slightly thick.
- Add the sweetened apples. Cook till quite thick and remove from fire.
- Sprinkle some cardamom powder and chopped dry fruits. Keep in the fridge for 2-3 hours to set. Serve cold.
Dos and Don’ts:
- You can replace rose essence by kewra essence and badam powder by saffron for a different taste.