Banana Bars with Cinnamon Frosting Recipe:
A smart recipe with the overripe bananas, to give your day a healthy and delicious start.
Banana being the most versatile fruit is enjoyed by all age groups. Banana Bars/ cakes/ bread are great alternate for when those bananas start turning brown.
These moist and soft banana bars could be enjoyed during breakfast or during tea time or even after dinner. A healthy alternative to satisfying your sweet tooth!
Ingredients (serves- 6-8):
- All purpose flour- 1 cups
- Sugar- 1 cups, I used ½ cup white & ½ cup brown sugar
- Oil- 1/3 cup
- Bananas- 1 cup mashed
- Eggs- 2
- Baking powder- 1 tsp
- Baking soda- ½ tsp
- Salt- ¼ tsp
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp or ground cinnamon- 1/2 tsp
- Dry Ingredients- Sieve together flour, baking soda, baking powder& salt. Keep this aside.
- Preheat oven at 180 degree centigrade for 10 minutes.
- Grease a 15’’X 10’’X 1 inch baking tray. If you like your banana bars thick use 9’’X9’’.
- Wet Ingredients- mix together oil, sugar, eggs and mashed bananas until the sugar granules are mixed properly.
- Now add 2 tbsp of dry ingredients, mix well so that no lumps are formed. Mix the remaining dry ingredients in small portions. Mix well until smooth.
- Add some finely chopped walnuts at this stage. Mix well.
- Add the batter in greased tray and put it in preheat oven at 180 degree centigrade for 30 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean from the centre. Once done, set it to cool on a wire rack.
- In the meanwhile beat butter and sugar with cinnamon powder until nice & creamy and spread it on top of the cooled banana bar.Now all you need to do is slice it up and enjoy!!
You may also like;